The Biennale of the Trades of Art and Creation, revelation 4
From the 23rd to the 26th of May, the International Biennial of Crafts and Creation was held in the Grand Palais in Paris. Cameroon was in the spotlight at the banquet for Revelation 4.
5 Cameroonian artists were represented to show the diversity in terms of creativity, art and know-how.
The works of each artist value the country’s artistic culture and allowed for the exchange of opinions and visions during a symposium organized for this purpose. With the theme “Africa, heritage and creation” which was discussed during this event.
The Banquet Revelation4 at Les Couleurs du Cameroun has exhibited 5 creative artists:
– The Frida-54 brand has presented a series of 6 vases inspired by western Cameroon, northern Nigeria and ashanti countries in Ghana with contemporary shapes.
– Barthelemy Togouo presents a sculpture in solid bronze,
– Beya Gille Gacha presents a sculpture in wood, wax, resin and pearls,
– Gabriel Tegneto presents a wooden sculpture,
– Gilbert Ouembe presents a hand-painted metal sculpture,
It was in a bright and inspiring creative atmosphere that the event took place despite the notable absence of Cameroonian institutions in charge of Arts and Culture.
Already in anticipation of the next edition, we closed on Sunday, May 26th Biennial of Art and Creative Crafts edition 2019 in the Grand Palais of Paris.